SEKOLAH PENGAJIAN SISWAZAH (SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES)UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA
APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT SCHOLARSHIP (GRA)
FIRST SEMESTER 2017/2018
NEW APPLICATION / EXTENSION:
1. Application is open to all Malaysian and International citizens who are already offered to study in a Masters (by research) or PhD programme at UPM for First Semester 2017/2018.
2. Application is also open to UPM students who are currently enrolled in a Masters (by research) or PhD programme. However, they need to fulfil the following condition:
i) Registered as a UPM student and the current status of study must be in “Good Standing”.
ii) A student with “Probation” status or defers his/her study is not eligible to apply.
3. Each application must obtain an approval from the Advisor/Chairman of the Supervisory Committee and/or Head of Research Project and Dean of Faculty/Director of Institute.
4. This scholarship is funded by the Supervisor/Chairman/Member of the Supervisory Committe’s research grant. The research grant must have a balance of at least RM10, 000.00 at the time of appointment of GRA. For newly approved research grant or where the money has yet to be transferred to the research grant account, applicant must also attach the following documents with his/her application:
i) Copy of Research Grant Approval Letter;
ii) Validation letter from the Head of Research Project stating when the research money is estimated to be received.
5. A successful applicant is not allowed to receive any other financial support or scholarship/fellowship, and should not be engaged in any type of employment.
6. Applicant’s number of semesters must not exceed:
i) Masters : 4 semesters.
ii) PhD : 6 semesters.
Incentives for Successful Applicants:
a) Monthly allowance (depending on total no. of hours allocated for assisting in teaching).
i. RM1,125.00 – 3 teaching hours per week.
ii. RM1,300.00 – 4 teaching hours per week.
iii. RM1,500.00 – 6 teaching hours per week.
b) Tuition Fee exemption.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING:
1. Complete on-line application form via student portal here and print out the form.
2. Obtain signature from Advisor/Chairman of the Supervisory Committee and/or Head of Research Project and Dean of Faculty/Director of Institute.
3. Submit completed application form to the following address before 4 August 2017. Late application will not be processed.
School of Graduate Studies
Zone 4 Off Jalan Stadium
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor.
Note: Grants are not allowed to finance the GRA is "RUGS" for students and to all Grant under "Ministry of Higher Education (MOE)" for international student. If any information given is found to be incorrect, the scholarship will be terminated and the student is required to refund the full amount of fee and allowance given.
Updated:: 07/07/2017 [azimin]