SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA
APPLICATION FOR INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (IGRF) FIRST SEMESTER 2018/2019
Universiti Putra Malaysia is pleased to announce that the International Graduate Research Fellowship (IGRF) is now open for application.
- Application Requirements:
- Application is open to international students of UPM who are currently enrolled on the PhD programmes provided that they fulfil the following conditions:
- Candidate must be registered as a UPM student with current status of study “Good standing”. A student with “Probation” status or who has deferred his/her study is not eligible to apply.
- Candidate must be at the end of the second semester of their PhD programme.
- Candidate is not enrolled on the split postgraduate programme at UPM.
- Candidate must have at least two cited journal articles published or accepted.
- Candidate must have a research proposal
- Candidate must have progress report from advisor/supervisor
- The following supporting documents must be enclosed with each application:
- A copy of applicant’s International Passport
- A copy of Admission Offer Letter / A copy of latest Semester result
- A letter from the student’s embassy verifying that the applicant is not a recipient of any financial assistance/scholarship/income from any agencies or government (for new application only)
- Publication (the publication must be from work done at UPM)
- A copy of the research proposal approved by the advisor/supervisor
- Application received after the deadline will not be processed.
- Provisions of Fellowship
The successful applicant will receive the following:
- A monthly stipend amounting to RM1,500.00
- Some tuition fee waiver for each semester for the duration of the fellowship amounting to the following:
- Medical: RM1,600.00
- Science: RM1,400.00
- Social Science: RM1,200.00
- Application Form
Click here to download the International Graduate Research Fellowship application form [IGRF] (PU/S/BR05/GS-43) or from the student portal. The completed application form must be sent to the Postgraduate Unit of each faculty/institute no later than 3 August 2018.
*Applicants who do not receive any response within any period of three months from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Enquiries may be made by telephone to: 03-9769 4204 / 4224
Updated:: 31/01/2019 [azimin]